Please note javascript is required for full website functionality.


Western Health Bacchus Marsh, Melton and Caroline Springs is committed to providing the Best Care possible to our patients and community. Complaints are valuable feedback, providing us an opportunity to learn how we could be doing things better for our community. 

If you come to us with a complaint you will be treated respectfully and we will work with you to resolve the matter as best we can. 

How to lodge a complaint

  • Talk to the staff caring for you or your family member. This is often the quickest and easiest way to resolve your concerns. If you don’t feel comfortable talking directly with the staff member caring for you or your family member, the Nurse in Charge, or the manager of the area, will listen to your concerns. 
  • If, after speaking with staff, you are not satisfied or would feel more comfortable talking to someone else, please contact the Quality Team with details listed below on this page. 

Please email if you have a complaint which is monitored by the Quality Team. 

Complaints can be made anonymously by specifying this on the feedback form. However, this may limit our ability to investigate your concerns fully and you won’t receive updates on the progress of your complaint. 

If you are lodging a complaint on someone else’s behalf, Western Health will need to get permission from them to speak with you about the complaint. Often we will like to speak with the person directly to assist with resolving the matter.

Help lodging your complaint

Tips for lodging a complaint

Most complaints, issues or concerns can be addressed by speaking directly with the staff where the issue has taken place. However, if the issue is complex or serious, you should make your complaint in writing using our feedback form online. 

  • Be clear about what went wrong, who was involved and when it happened.
  • Be clear about what solution you are seeking.
  • Tell us how you would best like us to respond to you (e.g. phone call, email, in writing, family meeting).
  • Be calm and respectful.
    We understand that sometimes issues can be distressing for you and will do our best to support you. Our staff reserve the right to terminate phone calls and the feedback process should abusive or threatening language be used. 
  • Once we have acknowledged that we have received your complaint, allow us time to review the matter, investigate and respond to you. We aim to have most complaints addressed within 35 days, however, more complex issues can take us up to three months to provide you feedback. 

Provide feedback in another language

  • You can request an interpreter and speak to the staff caring for you about your feedback
  • Write to us in your own language. We will have your feedback translated, and it will be managed according to our standard processes. 
  • You can also contact the Quality Team with the details listed below and request for an interpreter to be made available for you to provide feedback 

National Relay Service

If you are Deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired, contact us via the National Relay Service.

The Quality Team 

If you feel your concerns were not resolved, and you would like further help, please contact the Quality Team, through one of the following methods

Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic, the The Quality Team is operating with some remote staffing arrangements but we do remain open.

What happens with my feedback? 

Your feedback will be directed to the most appropriate person for information, follow up or investigation. If you have requested a response to your complaint, a Western Health employee will contact you via your preferred method.

We will endeavour to acknowledge all feedback within 3 business days, however due to an increase in feedback, it may take us longer to get back to you.

Western Health aims to provide you with a resolution within 35 days, however, we always try to respond as quickly as possible. Please note, our timeframe for response can vary based on the complexity of the issues you’ve raised and level of investigation required. In some cases it can take us up to three months to respond as we often interview staff, review medical records and gather information to understand the issue in detail. 

Any information collected in the course of the review of your complaint will remain confidential and not be noted in your medical record. This means that when you or your loved one come to Western Health, staff caring for you will not be able to see that you have made a complaint about our service. We tell you this to provide you reassurance that if you lodge a complaint at Western Health, it will not negatively impact the care that you receive from us. 

If you any stage throughout the complaints process you wish to revoke your consent for the investigation you may do so by providing this in writing to

What if I am unhappy with the response received from Western Health? 

If you remain dissatisfied with our response, you may contact the Health Complaints Commissioner (HCC). The HCC responds to complaints about health services and the handling of health information in Victoria. Their service is free, confidential and impartial. 
To lodge a complaint with the HCC:
Fill out a complaint form online at or Phone 1300 582 113 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday to discuss your complaint.

If the concern relates to NDIS please contact the: NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission or call 1800 800 110

If the concern relates to Aged Care, please contact the: Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission or call 1800 951 822

The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (Commission)

This is a free service for anyone to raise a concern about safety or quality of care and services within commonwealth funded aged care home. 

Toll free:     1800 951 822  

Address:  GPO Box 9819

(In your capital city)

Online complaints form :

Phone 131450 for the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) and ask them to contact the Commission on the above number.

For hearing or speech impaired phone the National Relay Service 1800 555 677 then ask for the Commission on the above number.

Elder Rights Advocacy (Victoria)

This is a free and confidential service promoting the rights of people receiving aged care services

Telephone: (03) 9602 3066

Tollfree:     1800 700 600


Support the

Western Health Foundation