The Stomal Therapy Clinic at Melton Health is able to assist with the care of people who have had surgery such as a Colostomy, Ileostomy, or Urinary diversion (Ileal Conduit). Pre operative care also available.
A stoma is an opening that allows body waste to be redirected to a sealed external bag system.
Some of the reasons to visit a stomal therapy nurse may include advice and treatment of:
- Post operative recovery, ordering of monthly supplies, Leakage problems.
- Annual/biannual check ups, Resuming sexual activity, or swimming.
- Wind problems, Skin problems, Managing stoma during travel.
- Odour management, Granuloma removal, Resuming work strategies.
- Melton Health and Community Services (Green Building)
How do I get an appointment
No need to go through My Aged Care for this service.
You may have a GP referral to access this service or contact 03 9747 7609 to arrange a self-referral.
For Further information, please call the Referral and Appointment Service on 03 9747 7609.