The Stomal Therapy Clinic at Melton Health is able to assist with the care of people who have had surgery such as a Colostomy, Ileostomy, or Urinary diversion (Ileal Conduit). Pre operative care also available.
A stoma is an opening that allows body waste to be redirected to a sealed external bag system.
Some of the reasons to visit a stomal therapy nurse may include advice and treatment of:
- Post operative recovery, ordering of monthly supplies, Leakage problems.
- Annual/biannual check ups, Resuming sexual activity, or swimming.
- Wind problems, Skin problems, Managing stoma during travel.
- Odour management, Granuloma removal, Resuming work strategies.
- Melton Health and Community Services (Green Building)