Health Professionals Information
Diabetes Nurse Education
Details of Service:
The Diabetes Nurse Educators work closing with the endocrinologists to support patients in managing their diabetes. They will assist in evaluating and providing education around the diabetes management of the patient.
We offer both group and individual appointments. We are able to assist with the management of:
- Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus
- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- DAFNE (Dose Adjustment for Normal Eating)
Triage of Referrals:
Triage will occur based on the clinical information provided on the referral. To assist with this please attach any pathology results relating to the condition.
Current Session Times and Locations
- Melton Health and Community Services (Yellow Building)
- Melton Health and Community Services (Green Building)
- Caroline Springs community Health Centre
- Bacchus Marsh Community Health Centre
- Home Based
Hours of Operation:
- Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:00pm
Referrals and Further Information
For Further information, please call the Referral and Appointment Service on 03 9747 7609.
Referrals can be accepted by fax (03 9746 0668) or via Connecting Care.