Health Professionals Information
Details of Service
The Stomal Therapy Clinic at Melton Health is able to assist with the care of people who have had stoma surgery such as a Colostomy, Ileostomy, or Urinary diversion (Ileal Conduit). Pre-operative care also available.
A stoma is an opening that allows body waste to be re-directed to a sealed external bag system.
Some of the reasons to visit a stomal therapy nurse may include advice and treatment of:
- Post-operative recovery, ordering of monthly supplies, Leakage problems.
- Annual/biannual check-ups, Resuming sexual activity, or swimming.
- Wind problems, Skin problems, managing stoma during travel.
- Odour management, Granuloma removal, Resuming work strategies.
Triage of Referrals
Triage will occur based on the clinical information provided on the referral.
Current Session Times and Locations
- Melton Health and Community Services (Green Building)
Hours of Operation:
- Tuesday, Friday and alternate Wednesdays 9am - 4:30pm
Continence issues will be referred to Continence nurses through the Community Nursing team.