Health Professionals Information
Details of Service
The Stomal Therapy Clinic at Melton Health is able to assist with the care of people who have had stoma surgery such as a Colostomy, Ileostomy, or Urinary diversion (Ileal Conduit). Pre-operative care also available.
A stoma is an opening that allows body waste to be re-directed to a sealed external bag system.
Some of the reasons to visit a stomal therapy nurse may include advice and treatment of:
- Post-operative recovery, ordering of monthly supplies, Leakage problems.
- Annual/biannual check-ups, Resuming sexual activity, or swimming.
- Wind problems, Skin problems, managing stoma during travel.
- Odour management, Granuloma removal, Resuming work strategies.
Triage of Referrals
Triage will occur based on the clinical information provided on the referral.
Current Session Times and Locations
- Melton Health and Community Services (Green Building)
Hours of Operation:
- Tuesday, Friday and alternate Wednesdays 9am - 4:30pm
Continence issues will be referred to Continence nurses through the Community Nursing team.
Referrals and Further Information
No need to go through My Aged Care for this service.
For Further information, please call the Referral and Appointment Service on 03 9747 7609.
Referrals can be accepted by fax (03 9746 0668) or via Connecting Care.